This vegetarian lasagna recipe is my favourite dish to make for household and mates! Stuffed with savory roasted greens, it is wholesome and scrumptious.
Vegetarian lasagna was the primary massive dinner I realized make. Once I was in school, a vegetable lasagna would at all times be the principle occasion after I cooked a meal for a bunch. Quick ahead to now, and I nonetheless prefer to make one after I’m serving a crowd, particularly across the holidays. A veggie lasagna is reassuring, flavorful, and nice for making forward. Plus, who doesn’t like to swap tales on the desk over pink sauce and pasta?!
I’m sharing my favourite vegetarian lasagna recipe under. It’s savory and satisfying, stuffed with roasted veggies, creamy ricotta cheese, ruffly noodles, and loads of marinara sauce. I believe you’re going to adore it!
Make Vegetable Lasagna
My vegetarian lasagna recipe begins with these elements:
Vegetarian Lasagna Substances
- Recent veggies, after all! I pack this vegetable lasagna with roasted pink bell peppers, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and child spinach. They add SO a lot taste.
- Lasagna noodles – No-boil noodles appear handy—however belief me, the common sort are higher. They take lower than 10 minutes to cook dinner, they usually have an ideal tender texture within the remaining lasagna.
- Marinara sauce – Make home made marinara sauce, or use a 24-ounce jar of store-bought sauce. I like Rao’s.
- Ricotta cheese – It creates a creamy, tacky layer between the noodles, sauce, and veggies. I season it with garlic and lemon zest for brilliant, savory taste.
- Shredded pecorino and mozzarella cheese – For topping the lasagna. Not a pecorino particular person? Parmesan cheese works too!
- And contemporary basil and/or parsley – For garnish.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
Earlier than you assemble the lasagna, full these three prep steps:
- Roast the veggies. Toss the peppers, zucchini, onions, and mushrooms with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 425°F till they’re tender and caramelized.
- Boil the noodles till al dente. Toss them with a drizzle of olive oil to stop sticking!
- Make the ricotta filling. Combine the ricotta cheese with the lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.
You’re able to layer!
Layer Vegetable Lasagna
Begin with a 9×13-inch baking dish. Unfold 1 cup of the tomato sauce on the underside.
- Then, add a layer of noodles.
- Prime the noodles with half the ricotta combination.
- Layer half the spinach over the ricotta, and scatter half the roasted greens in a good layer.
- Dot the greens with 2/three cup of the marinara sauce.
Repeat the layering course of in the identical order:
- Spinach + roasted veggies
- 2/three cup marinara sauce
Prime with a remaining layer of noodles, the remaining sauce, and the shredded cheese.
How Lengthy to Bake Vegetarian Lasagna
If utilizing totally cooked lasagna noodles: Bake uncovered at 400°F for 30 minutes, or till the cheese is browned and effervescent.
If utilizing no-boil lasagna noodles: Cowl the veggie lasagna with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 40 to 50 minutes, or till the noodles are tender. Take away the foil and bake till the cheese is browned and effervescent.
Let the vegetable lasagna stand at room temperature for 20 minutes earlier than slicing and serving.
To make vegan lasagna: Exchange the ricotta combination with this vegan ricotta. Skip the cheese on high of the lasagna. Bake, lined, till the pasta is tender and the lasagna is heated by way of, 30 to 50 minutes at 400°F.
What to Serve with Vegetarian Lasagna
This vegetable lasagna recipe is a satisfying meal by itself, but it surely pairs nicely with all types of aspect dishes, too!
Serve it with a salad, reminiscent of
Or pair it with a veggie aspect dish like
Storage and Freezing Directions
Leftover vegetarian lasagna retains nicely in an hermetic container or lined dish within the fridge for as much as four days. Reheat it within the microwave or a 350°F oven.
To freeze vegetable lasagna: Assemble the lasagna within the baking dish. Cowl tightly with foil and retailer within the freezer for as much as three months. Enable to defrost in a single day within the fridge earlier than baking. When able to serve, bake, lined, for 20 minutes at 400°F. Uncover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or till the cheese is effervescent and the lasagna is heated by way of.
Extra Veggie Consolation Meals Recipes
Should you love this vegetarian lasagna, attempt one in all these veggie consolation meals recipes subsequent:
Finest Vegetarian Lasagna
One of the best vegetable lasagna recipe! This simple, home made vegetarian lasagna is filled with roasted veggies, spinach, tomato sauce, and ricotta cheese. Use gluten-free lasagna noodles to make this recipe gluten-free. For a vegan variation, see the notes under.
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Oil a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Place the mushrooms, pink pepper, zucchini, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Unfold evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or till tender and browned across the edges. Scale back the oven temperature to 400°F.
In the meantime, cook dinner the noodles.* Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and put together the lasagna noodles in response to the package deal directions, cooking till al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to stop sticking.
Make the ricotta filling: In a big bowl, stir collectively the ricotta, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and several other grinds of pepper.
Assemble the lasagna. Unfold 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the backside of the ready baking dish. Prime with a layer of noodles, adopted by half the ricotta combination. Unfold the ricotta in a good layer, then organize half the spinach evenly on high. Prime with half the greens and dot with ⅔ cup of the remaining marinara sauce.
Repeat with one other layer of noodles, adopted by the remaining ricotta, spinach, greens, and one other ⅔ cup sauce. Prime with the remaining noodles.
Unfold the remaining ⅔ cup marinara over the pasta, then evenly sprinkle with the mozzarella and pecorino cheeses. Bake within the 400°F oven for 30 minutes, or till the cheese is browned and effervescent. Let stand for 20 minutes earlier than garnishing with contemporary basil or parsley, slicing, and serving.
- No-boil noodles are typically shorter than common lasagna noodles. As an alternative of counting noodles, anticipate to make use of about ¾ of a 1-pound field.
- Change the bake time: Cowl the lasagna and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or till the noodles are tender, then uncover and bake till the cheese is browned and effervescent.
For vegan lasagna, exchange the ricotta combination with this vegan ricotta. Skip the cheese on high of the lasagna. Bake, lined, till the pasta is tender and the lasagna is heated by way of, 30 to 50 minutes at 400°F.