This stuffed mushrooms recipe is an irresistible (and simple!) appetizer. The filling is a crispy, savory combo of bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, and cheese.
In my completely unbiased opinion, we have now some actually nice vacation appetizers on the weblog (French onion dip or baked brie, anybody?), however this stuffed mushrooms recipe may simply be my favourite. It’s Jack’s favourite too. In fact, he loves something with mushrooms, however we’ve really gotten into arguments about these stuffed mushrooms. I take them out of the oven, he samples just a few, and earlier than I do know it, a lot of the batch is gone. I’ve discovered the onerous manner: if I would like any of those stuffed mushrooms for myself, I’ve to say them ASAP.
…which is to say that when you’ve got a celebration or gathering developing quickly, you must completely make this recipe! It’ll be the speak of the snack desk, a assured hit. A crispy, savory combination of panko bread crumbs, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and pecorino cheese fills juicy roasted mushroom caps. These bite-sized apps are simple to make and SO scrumptious. We love them, and I hope you’ll too!
Right here’s what you’ll must make this stuffed mushrooms recipe:
- Mushrooms, in fact! We like giant cremini mushrooms (aka child bella mushrooms or mini portobello mushrooms) right here. In a pinch, white button mushrooms would work too.
- Pine nuts and panko bread crumbs – They add crunch to the filling.
- Solar-dried tomatoes and pecorino cheese – I combine them into the filling for wealthy, umami taste. No pecorino readily available? Parmesan cheese works too!
- Parsley – It provides recent taste and fairly flecks of inexperienced.
- Garlic – For savory chunk.
- Additional-virgin olive oil – It helps the mushrooms turn out to be brown and tender within the oven.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Tips on how to Clear Mushrooms
Step one on this stuffed mushrooms recipe is cleansing the mushrooms. Whereas I rinse many greens immediately below chilly working water, I don’t advocate this technique for cleansing mushrooms. They’d take in all that water like a sponge! Right here’s what I do as a substitute:
- Use a humid paper towel to wipe the mushrooms clear, eradicating any seen dust or particles.
- Then, take away the stems from the mushroom caps.
- The mushroom stems will depart a cavity within the caps that’s good for stuffing!
Tips on how to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
I really like how easy this stuffed mushrooms recipe is! Right here’s the way it goes:
After you clear and stem the mushrooms, season them. Place the cleaned mushroom caps, cavity aspect up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, and season them generously with salt and pepper.
Subsequent, make the filling. Stir collectively the grated cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, panko bread crumbs, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and some grinds of black pepper.
Then, stuff the mushrooms. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities, rigorously piling it as excessive as you possibly can. As you spoon the stuffing onto the mushrooms, a few of it could tumble off. That’s okay! Do your finest to get as a lot into every mushroom as you possibly can.
And at last, bake! Generously drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with extra oil and bake for 20 minutes or so, till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown. Permit them to chill barely. Then, season to style, and eat!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Suggestions
- Larger mushrooms = extra filling. Want I say extra? Use the most important cremini mushrooms you could find for this recipe. They’ll maintain extra of the breadcrumb combination than small ones will, and it will likely be simpler to fill them.
- Finely chop the filling elements. One of the best stuffed mushrooms have slightly of every part in every chunk. Chop your filling elements into small items that may evenly incorporate with each other. Intention for the sun-dried tomatoes to be comparable in measurement to the pine nuts, and grate the cheese on a Microplane zester or the smallest holes of a field grater.
- Don’t overlook to season the mushrooms. It’s simple to skip this step! Earlier than you load up the mushroom caps with the filling, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. This easy step provides a lot taste to this stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Make them a meal! These stuffed mushrooms are a wonderful social gathering appetizer, however from time to time, we’ll eat them for dinner too. Serve them with a giant scoop of herbed farro or quinoa!
Tips on how to Retailer Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms are finest on the day they’re made, however leftovers preserve nicely in an hermetic container within the fridge for three days. Reheat them within the microwave or a 350°F oven.
Extra Favourite Get together Appetizers
In case you love this stuffed mushroom recipe, attempt one in every of these enjoyable social gathering appetizers subsequent:
Serves 6 to eight
Crammed with a crispy, savory combination of bread crumbs, herbs, and cheese, these stuffed mushrooms are a show-stopping social gathering appetizer! They’re finest once they’re heat, so make them proper earlier than you serve them.
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix the panko, pecorino cheese, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, salt and several other grinds of pepper.
Place the mushrooms, cavity aspect up, onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms, drizzle with extra olive oil and bake till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with pink pepper flakes, if desired. Season to style and serve.