Let’s face it: we at all times knew that butternut squash and brown butter had been the proper match. Enter in goat cheese and corn and also you’ve received a severely creamy, tangy, candy, spicy, and salty scenario that’s sure to develop into a ceaselessly favourite.
This spicy brown butter goat cheese pasta is simple to make and each chunk is severely a taste journey. There’s one thing so magical about roasted squash tossed into your favourite consolation meals (hey, cozy pasta) as a result of it provides a stunning sweetness that balances every part out.
That is a type of dishes that’s unbelievable by itself, however you can also make it even heartier by including some floor sausage or grilled hen. One in all my new favourite simple weeknight dinners!
Substances on this brown butter goat cheese pasta
Though this beautiful pasta dish appears a bit fancy, it’s truly made with fairly easy pantry staples. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the butternut squash: we’re roasting up cubed butternut squash with a bit olive oil and honey, plus garlic powder, chili powder, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. The warming spices pair fantastically with the sweetness of the squash and the honey.
- Pasta: be happy to make use of any pasta form you’d like! I like penne, orecchiette, and orzo greatest.
- Butter: oh yeah, you already know we’re browning salted butter for this pasta. You can even use unsalted butter.
- Goat cheese: creamy goat cheese provides a stunning tang to steadiness the sweetness.
- Corn: you’ll additionally stir in contemporary or frozen candy corn for one more depth of taste and texture.
- Combine-ins: deliver every part collectively by folding in contemporary basil leaves, pickled jalapeños, further goat cheese crumbles, and a sprinkle of pink pepper flakes. Perfection.
Easy substances swaps
This butternut squash goat cheese pasta is simple to customise with substances you’ve gotten available. Right here’s what I can suggest:
- Swap the squash: be happy to make use of cubed candy potato, acorn squash, and even pumpkin!
- Select your cheese: if you happen to want a salty taste over tangy, do that pasta with crumbled feta as an alternative of goat cheese. For an excellent creamier, sauce-like texture, add ricotta.
- Add veggies: if you happen to’re searching for a veggie enhance, I like to recommend folding in contemporary spinach or kale.
Can I make it gluten free?
Completely! Merely use your favourite gluten free pasta form.
Our favourite method to enhance the protein
Maintain this brown butter goat cheese pasta vegetarian by including in a can of rinsed, drained chickpeas, or attempt any of those scrumptious meat choices:
- Sliced sauteed spicy or Italian hen sausage
- Floor Italian sausage
- Pan-fried or grilled hen
- Grilled or sauteed shrimp
- Crispy chopped bacon (discover ways to simply prepare dinner it within the oven right here!)
Learn how to brown butter
The brown butter provides unbelievable taste to this butternut squash goat cheese pasta recipe. Get all of my ideas and methods for browning butter in this publish — it’s wonderful in each candy and savory recipes!
Retailer any leftover pasta in hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days. To reheat merely accomplish that in a microwave secure dish or on the stovetop with a splash of water.
Extra pasta recipes you’ll love
Get all of my pasta recipes right here!
I hope you like this spicy brown butter goat cheese pasta! If you happen to make it, you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Spicy Brown Butter Goat Cheese Pasta with Candy Corn & Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
Lovely spicy brown butter goat cheese pasta with candy corn, tender honey roasted butternut squash, and pickled jalapeños. This scrumptious vegetarian butternut squash goat cheese pasta hits the entire taste notes and is ideal as is or with the addition of sausage or hen for further protein! A comforting meal you will actually crave.
- 4 cups ½-inch cubed butternut squash (from a 2-pound squash)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons further virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sub pure maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Brown butter and pasta:
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, minimize into Four equal items
- 10 ounces pasta, comparable to penne, orecchiette or orzo (gluten free if desired)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup contemporary or frozen, thawed candy corn
- 6 to eight massive basil leaves, julienned or torn
- ⅓ cup pickled jalapenos
- Further goat cheese crumbles
- Crimson pepper flakes
Roast the squash: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold squash cubes evenly throughout the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and honey or maple syrup. Sprinkle with garlic powder, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, and generously season with freshly floor salt and pepper. Use your palms to toss collectively in order that the squash is nicely coated. Bake till squash is fork tender, 30 minutes, tossing the cubes midway by means of.
Whereas the squash cooks, fill a big pot with salted water, place over excessive warmth, and convey to a boil. Cook dinner pasta based on package deal instructions, till al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and put aside, then drain pasta and return to the pot.
Brown the butter: Add butter to a small saucepan and place over medium warmth. As soon as melted, whisk continuously: the butter will start to crackle, then foam. After a couple of minutes, the butter will start to show a golden amber coloration. As quickly because the butter turns brown and offers off a nutty aroma, take away the saucepan from the warmth and put aside to chill.
Stir the next into the pot of pasta: the brown butter, goat cheese, reserved pasta water, salt, and pepper till the goat cheese has melted and the combination is creamy. Fold within the roasted butternut squash cubes and corn. Style and add extra salt and pepper if vital. Add to bowls and garnish with pickled jalapenos, basil, goat cheese crumbles and pink pepper flakes, if desired. Get pleasure from!
To spice up protein: Sliced sauteed spicy or Italian hen sausage could be completely scrumptious on this. Floor Italian sausage could be nice too, and even grilled or pan-fried hen!
Serving: 1serving (primarily based on 4)Energy: 639calCarbohydrates: 81.9gProtein: 20.7gFats: 26.9gSaturated Fats: 15.1gFiber: 6.5gSugar: 12.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats