Give your self the date-night-out remedy from the consolation of your kitchen by way of this swoon-worthy Salmon Pasta. Tender flakes of salmon tossed in a creamy lemon sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and complete wheat noodles, this elegant recipe will depart you feeling like a 5-star chef.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
Enter your electronic mail beneath to avoid wasting this recipe to your free Properly Plated recipe field.
Once in a while, we’ll ship you the perfect of Properly Plated. We respect your privateness and you’ll choose out anytime.
Already registered? Log in right here.
A Particular Salmon Pasta Recipe
This simple recipe is decidedly low upkeep (thank goodness!), nevertheless it tastes particular sufficient to make your night really feel like an occasion.
Ben and I deliberately selected to remain in for Valentine’s Day, and salmon is usually on the menu (Balsamic Glazed Salmon is likely one of the first dinners he ever cooked for me).
Don your LBD (Little Black Gown) or your SSP (Tremendous Stretchy Pants) and cook dinner this meal for a particular somebody.
And sure, that particular somebody can completely, 100% be YOU!
Like my Seafood Pasta, this creamy salmon pasta recipe desires you to gentle a candle, pour a glass of your favourite wine, and activate some music.
About this Salmon Pasta Recipe
Whereas this pasta tastes wealthy and decadent, per normal I pulled out my healthful methods, so you’ll be able to really feel nice including it to your common wholesome meal rotation.
Put all of it collectively: al dente noodles + divine cream sauce (no cream!) + tender, flaky salmon, and you’ve got a weeknight dinner you’ll bear in mind for a lot of nights to come back.
The best way to Cook dinner Salmon Pasta
Consider this creamy tomato salmon pasta recipe like a lighter model of salmon alfredo that may make you are feeling comforted however not comatose.
To cook dinner white pasta sauce from scratch with out counting on heavy cream, be sure you reserve a few of the pasta cooking liquid.
Its starchiness will assist the sauce thicken, come collectively simply, and have nice texture. That is key for the perfect salmon pasta with out cream.
- Salmon. Tender, perfectly-cooked salmon items make this wholesome salmon pasta really feel particularly elegant and add great lean protein. Salmon is wealthy in useful omega-Three fatty acids and nutritional vitamins.
- Pasta. I selected to make use of complete wheat pasta for its redeeming worth, because it’s increased in fiber. Penne, rigatoni, or one other comparable pasta will work completely right here. You might even strive it with spaghetti or linguine.
- Lemon Zest + Juice. Provides this dish scrumptious brightness and acidity.
- Butter + Shallot + Garlic. The all-important beginnings of our salmon pasta cream sauce. A contact of butter brings richness, and the garlic and shallot assist construct deep taste.
- White Wine. An essential a part of the way you make salmon cream sauce for pasta. It helps deglaze the pan and create the liquid for the sauce. You should use white wine, hen broth, or vegetable broth for this step.
- Purple Pepper Flakes. Provides simply the correct amount of warmth.
- Solar-Dried Tomatoes. Intense tomato lusciousness is packed into every of those little pink jewels. Like in Tuna Pasta Salad, they make the dish really feel further particular and add stunning coloration.
- Contemporary Basil. A contact of basil (or recent parsley) provides freshness and Italian aptitude to the dish. Basil can also be an herb that goes effectively with salmon.
- Parmesan. For that may’t-resist tacky, nutty, yummy goodness.
- Bake the salmon at 425 levels F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the salmon relaxation, then break it into items. Cook dinner the pasta. Reserve a few of the pasta water earlier than draining.
- Saute the shallot in butter and oil. Stir within the garlic, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add the wine, zest, and juice. Let simmer for a few minutes. Toss the pasta noodles with the sauce, including pasta water as wanted.
- Stir within the tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan. Gently incorporate the salmon. DIG IN!
Serve this straightforward salmon pasta recipe with Sauvignon Blanc, crisp Chardonnay, Malbec, or Pinot Noir.
- To Retailer. This pasta dish is greatest loved the day it’s made, however it may be refrigerated in an hermetic container for as much as 2 days.
- To Reheat. Very gently rewarm leftovers on the stovetop over medium warmth or within the microwave.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as 2 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The sauce could separate a bit as soon as thawed, however it should style scrumptious.
Meal Plan Tip
Bake the salmon as much as 1 day prematurely, and refrigerate it in an hermetic storage container. Let it come to room temperature first, then add it to the recipe as directed.
Time to deal with your self, the salmon pasta method!
Salmon Pasta Video
If you happen to get pleasure from this video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. Remember to click on the BELL icon so that you will be the primary to know after we put up a brand new video (and thanks for subscribing!).
- 1 pound salmon fillet* I desire cooking salmon with pores and skin on, although you should use skinless if you happen to desire
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons, freshly squeezed lemon juice divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 8 ounces complete wheat penne rigatoni, or comparable pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or low sodium hen broth or vegetable broth
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped recent basil plus further for serving
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese plus further for serving
Place a rack within the middle of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 levels F. Place the salmon in a shallow baking dish simply massive sufficient to carry it comfortably and pat dry.
Drizzle the salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a couple of tablespoons lemon juice (you’ll want the zest of 1/2 lemon afterward, so be sure you plan accordingly). Sprinkle the salmon evenly with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Bake the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes for a 1-inch fillet, till it flakes simply with a fork and reaches 145 levels F on an instant-read thermometer. DO NOT overcook. In case your salmon is thicker or thinner than 1 inch alter the cooking time accordingly (I often begin checking it round 12 minutes, take away it a couple of levels early, then cowl it and let it relaxation to permit the carry-over cooking to complete the job). Take away to a chopping board or plate.
Let the salmon relaxation 5 minutes, then with a fork, break it into massive, bite-sized items. Discard the pores and skin.
Whereas the salmon bakes, convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Cook dinner the pasta to al dente, in accordance with bundle directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain.
Whereas the pasta cooks, in a big, deep skillet or Dutch oven, warmth the butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low warmth.
Add the shallot and cook dinner till starting to melt, about Three minutes. Add the garlic and cook dinner 30 seconds. Add the pink pepper flakes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Add the wine, lemon zest, and remaining 1/Four cup lemon juice. Carry to a simmer. Simmers gently for two minutes, adjusting the warmth as wanted.
Stir within the noodles. Toss the noodles in order that they turn out to be coated with garlic-lemon sauce. If at any level, the sauce turns into too thick or dry, splash within the reserved pasta water as wanted.
Stir within the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and parmesan.
Final, gently stir within the flaked salmon, heating simply till warmed by means of. Get pleasure from instantly, with a sprinkle of additional Parmesan and basil.
- *You can too swap the 1 pound salmon fillet with 4, 4-ounce fillets. Organize them side-by-side within the baking dish. Begin checking the fish for doneness on the 8-minute mark, then alter accordingly.
- Add capers as a last contact! They’re delightfully salty and briny!
- TO STORE: This dish is greatest loved the day it’s made, however it may be refrigerated in an hermetic storage container for as much as 2 days.
- TO REHEAT: Very gently rewarm leftovers on the stovetop over medium-low warmth or within the microwave.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container for as much as Three months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating. The sauce could separate a bit as soon as thawed, however it should style scrumptious.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 554kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 34gFats: 26gSaturated Fats: 8gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 85mgPotassium: 857mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 667IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.