Baked Ziti is a household favourite meal that may be thrown collectively shortly however tastes such as you spent hours making it. This Bake Ziti with Ricotta recipe is creamy, heat, completely scrumptious and is made multi function pot and so cleanup is a breeze! In the event you love lasagna, you’ve got to offer this Bake Ziti recipe a attempt!
Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
The flavors on this Baked Ziti are similar to lasagna – a tangy tomato primarily based sauce, Italian seasonings, contemporary herbs, and naturally contemporary, creamy ricotta cheese all baked along with pasta for a flavorful, satisfying dinner.
My model of Baked Ziti provides in contemporary veggies including attention-grabbing flavors, texture and naturally a lift of diet! This recipe is actually an entire meal with each meals group (okay, okay, there isn’t fruit in it – however additional veggies in fact) and is all made in only one pot so that you aren’t doing dishes all evening. If in case you have ever made home made lasagna, you understand that there’s all the time a heaping mound of dishes!
You’ve GOT to offer this Baked Ziti recipe a attempt – and belief me – you may be making it repeatedly, and once more!
Substances for Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
- Ziti Pasta – Ziti pasta is similar to penne, but it surely has a square-angle minimize and an oblong form whereas penne has an angled minimize that provides it extra of a pointed form. You need to use both for this recipe;
- Onion + Garlic – yellow onions have a better quantity of pure sugar and when cooked with garlic give your finish dish a candy fragrant taste.
- Zucchini – search for small vivid inexperienced zucchinis when shopping for. The small zucchinis have a extra tender texture.
- Spinach – contemporary child spinach is finest for this recipe.
- Crushed tomatoes – crushed tomatoes are combination of extra finely diced tomatoes in a tomato puree. They’ve a clean texture and add thickness that’s splendid in baked ziti.
- Tomato sauce – tomato sauce is. a tomato product that’s not as thick as tomato puree however thicker than tomato juice.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, contemporary basil
- Ricotta cheese – ricotta is a contemporary, comfortable and gentle cheese. It’s good in baked ziti as a result of it offers a scrumptious creamy base and scrumptious gentle taste.
- Mozzarella cheese – mozarella has a excessive moisture content material and is usually much less salty than different cheeses. Shredded mozzarella pairs rather well with shredded mozzarella has a gooey melted topping for baked ziti as a result of it provides it a pleasant texture with out being too salty.
- Parmesan cheese – parmesan cheese is a semi-hard cheese that has a salty, buttery and distinctive taste.
Find out how to Make Baked Ziti with Ricotta
- Begin by boiling your noodles within the pot you propose to make use of for the completed recipe. Boil in line with bundle instructions till al dente (you need them on the less-cooked aspect as a result of they’ll soften extra within the sauce). Drain, rinse, and depart in your colander till you’re prepared for them in ten minutes.
- Subsequent, saute onions in olive oil over medium-high warmth till softened and going translucent. Add garlic and veggies, mixing over the warmth till spinach wilts. It should completely fill your pot at first and look like waaaaay an excessive amount of, however it would shrink like magic. Consider all that spinach you’re getting in! Rating.
- Pour in your sauce elements subsequent – crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Lastly, add your pasta again in, in addition to 1 half of cups of cheese. I choose utilizing Italian mix as a result of it has an array of scrumptious cheeses, however I’ve used mozzarella with some Parmesan as nicely and it really works splendidly. Once more, most any shredded cheese you’ve got available ought to work. Experiment and discover out what mixture your loved ones likes finest!
- Combine the pot nicely and ensure the cheese is melted, then take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with the remaining half of cup of cheese and bake the pasta at 375 levels F for 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and bubbly. (this can be a nice technique to preserve it heat in case you aren’t serving it immediately)
Your loved ones is certain to like this deliciously creamy pasta – and also you’re certain to like how simple it’s to make and clear up!
Steadily Requested Questions About Baked Ziti
- Can I substitute cottage cheese for ricotta in baked ziti? You undoubtedly can substitute cottage cheese for. ricotta, however your finish end result will likely be a bit completely different. Ricotta cheese is extra clean and creamy whereas cottage cheese has extra moisture and a extra lumpy texture. Additionally, cottage cheese is most salty.
- What can I exploit moreover zucchini? You possibly can undoubtedly use different varieties of squash as an alternative of zucchini. Yellow or crookneck squash is a simple substitute and cooks the identical as zucchini. You too can use winter squash like butternut, however as a result of it takes longer to cook dinner you’ll in all probability wish to precook it a bit.
- Can I add meat to this recipe and what can be finest? I’d suggest including italian sausage to this recipe. After you saute the onions and garlic, I’d add the sausage and cook dinner till browned. Then proceed to comply with the recipe.
- Is it attainable to half this recipe? Completely! This recipe makes rather a lot! (good for feeding a crowd) If you’re simply making dinner for your loved ones and also you don’t have large eaters, half it for certain. Though this baked ziti. makes scrumptious leftovers. Similar to lasagna, the flavors get higher over time.
Extra Favourite Simple Household Dinners
- Simple Weeknight Veggie Gnocchi – Delicate pillowy gnocchi cooked in a candy tangy tomato sauce loaded with veggies.
- Wholesome Turkey Stroganoff – Turkey Stroganoff takes a traditional household favourite recipe and makes use of healthful, actual meals elements that comes collectively in lower than 30 minutes.
- Simple Tostadas – Clean up your dinner rotation with quick and straightforward tostadas made out of complete grain flour tortillas and tacky refried beans with a crunchy cabbage topping.
Baked Ziti with Ricotta
This Bake Ziti with Ricotta recipe is creamy, heat, completely scrumptious and is made multi function pot and so cleanup is a breeze!
Servings: 10 servings
Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
In a big forged iron or oven protected pot, boil pasta in line with bundle directions till al dente. Drain and rinse and preserve apart in colander.
Cube onion and mince garlic. Chop zucchini. In the identical forged iron pot, add olive oil and warmth to medium-high warmth. Saute diced onion for five minutes, till barely translucent.
Add garlic, zucchini, and spinach and stir till spinach has wilted, about 5-7 minutes. Salt and pepper greens to your liking.
Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, and ricotta cheese to the pot and produce to a simmer. Add noodles and half of the cheese (combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheese collectively) and blend nicely. Take away from warmth.
Prime with remaining cheese and place within the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese on prime is melted, and barely golden brown. Serve scorching.
Energy: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4946IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.