And similar to that, it’s December — holy smokes!
My youngsters have already made their Christmas lists and “snow” is fairly excessive up there for 2 out of my three. Undecided how Santa goes to tug that one out of his pink sack, however possibly a festive, gluten free Christmas cookie may persuade him? 😉
That mentioned, at the moment I’m sharing my Prime 10 Gluten Free Christmas Cookies and Treats to whip up this vacation season. Huge time emphasis on “gluten free however doesn’t style prefer it” as a result of in case your gluten free baked items aren’t nearly as good because the “actual factor” — what’s the purpose?
This recipe roundup is sponsored by my buddies at Cameron’s Espresso and their scrumptious vacation espresso flavors together with Crème Brûlée Latte and White Chocolate Peppermint. Might these flavors BE any extra festive?
My youngsters insist on Home made Sizzling Chocolate anytime they arrive in from enjoying within the chilly, or we’re doing something festive like baking Christmas cookies. They’re principally in it for the mini marshmallows.
Me although? I’d choose a enjoyable and flavorful cup of Cameron’s Espresso over scorching cocoa any day.
I’ve been ingesting Cameron’s Espresso solely for over 7 years now. I do know this as a result of after my center baby, whose title is Cameron and is 7, was born, my SIL who was over visiting requested, “did you title him after the espresso?!” when she noticed a field of Ecopods in my cabinet. We didn’t title him Cameron after the espresso on objective, however possibly the repetition of brewing a cup each morning performed a component?!
Properly right here we’re over 7 years later and I nonetheless purchase Cameron’s Espresso every month on the grocery retailer. Their espresso is clean, by no means bitter, and brings espresso store high quality espresso proper to your property.
Vacation Espresso Flavors
The 2 vacation flavors I’m sharing at the moment embrace Crème Brûlée Latte which come as grounds or Ecopods that you should use in your Keurig. This can be a mild roast espresso flavored with toasted caramel and vanilla. SO GOOD, and nice to brew on a cold morning, or doll up with a splash of your favourite creamer plus a caramel and crushed cookie rim as a magical nightcap.
The second vacation taste is White Chocolate Peppermint which is one other mild roast with a candy peppermint spin. I normally drink my espresso black, so I respect the trace of minty sweetness. Every mug is scrumptious by itself, however can also be so so particular dolloped with whipped cream and crushed sweet canes to soften into the new espresso.
Search for these two vacation flavors in shops now!
Whereas a morning within the season that shall not be named is nearly at all times made higher with a scorching cup of espresso, a scorching mug additionally pairs effectively with any of the gluten free Christmas cookies I’m sharing beneath.
It may well really feel particularly troublesome to dwell and eat gluten free through the holidays. Not solely is that this time of yr full of nostalgia of creating and consuming sure meals which will now not match inside your gluten free life-style, but in addition events, potlucks, and celebrations all centered round FOOD!
I completely get it! It may well all really feel anxious and overwhelming, however relating to Christmas Cookies, I’ve acquired you coated with these 10 gluten free cookie recipes and deal with recipes which are excellent for the vacations.
Greatest Gluten Free Flours for Baking Christmas Cookies
There are dozens and dozens of gluten free flour blends available on the market, however I discover these two available blends to be nice for baking Christmas Cookies:
- Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. This can be a implausible “on a regular basis” gluten free flour mix that already contains xanthan gum as a binder so that you don’t want so as to add the rest to make it work as a 1:1 substitute for all-purpose flour.
- King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour. One other nice 1:1 substitute for all-purpose flour. Notice: King Arthur has a pair completely different gluten free / paleo flour merchandise, and the packaging all seems very related, so make sure you get the Measure for Measure mix that features xanthan gum inside.
- Almond flour. One of many recipes beneath requires almond flour, and I don’t discover any specific model works higher than one other. So long as its licensed gluten free and labeled “tremendous high quality”, you have to be good to go.
Most gluten free flour blends that include a binder work effectively for gluten free cookie recipes, however these are my go-to, by no means fail flour blends for cookies, particularly.
Gluten Free Vacation Baking FAQ
Are you able to present weights for the gluten free flour quantities in your baking recipes?
- The brief reply is, no. The longer reply is, as a result of gluten free flour blends all include completely different grains/starches that every one weigh completely different quantities, an identical quantity of every mix will weigh completely different quantities. For instance, 1/four cup of the Bob’s Crimson Mill flour mix I discussed above weighs 37 grams, whereas the identical quantity of the King Arthur mix weighs 31 grams. 1/four cup of tremendous high quality almond flour weighs 28 grams, and so forth and so forth!
What’s one of the simplest ways to measure gluten free flour?
- One of the best ways to measure gluten free flour is to make use of a spoon to scoop the flour/flour mix right into a measuring cup then use the again of a knife to degree it off. Keep away from packing, particularly when utilizing starches like tapioca starch or corn starch.
Can I make the gluten free cookie dough forward of time?
- Sure! Making gluten free cookie dough forward of time really makes for a greater cookie as a result of the gluten free flour has an opportunity to correctly hydrate, which ends up in clean, non-gritty cookies. Try the “Why You Ought to Refrigerate Your Cookie Dough” part in this submit for extra data.
Can I freeze gluten free cookie dough?
- For certain. Scoop the cookie dough onto a wax paper or parchment paper-lined half sheet pan. Press down on every dough ball barely in order that they’re extra like pucks vs balls, then freeze stable. Switch the frozen cookie dough into gallon dimension Ziplock freezer luggage then freeze for as much as three months. Bake frozen in line with recipe instructions, including a number of additional minutes of baking time if wanted.
Can I freeze baked gluten free cookies?
- One other sure! Bake then cool the cookies fully after which layer them inside gallon dimension Ziplock freezer luggage between sheets of wax or parchment paper. Freeze for as much as three months then thaw on the counter.
The place can I discover gluten free Christmas sprinkles?
What chocolate chips are gluten free?
- I take advantage of Get pleasure from Life baking chocolate for all of my gluten free baking as their merchandise are free from 14 widespread allergens. Greater than that, their chocolate is simply actually good. Additionally they have white chocolate chips which we’ve used to veganize Christmas Crunch earlier than.
With out additional ado, seize your aprons — and a festive cup of espresso — activate some vacation tunes, and lets get to baking!
10 Gluten Free Christmas Cookies and Treats
#1 Mushy and Chewy Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Aka the one gluten free sugar cookie recipe you’ll ever want. Completely candy with that signature crackly high. The dough may be baked as circle/drop cookies, or rolled out then lower into shapes with cookie cutters. Actually indistinguishable from common sugar cookies.
#2 Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter “Kiss” Cookies have been a Christmas cookie staple in my home rising up, and nonetheless are due to this gluten free model. The mixture of crackly, peanut butter cookies with candy chocolate kisses is irresistible. On the time of this writing, common Hershey Kisses ARE gluten free.
#three Gluten Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
These “mushy batch” type gluten free cookies are stuffed with warming spices and flavors together with cinnamon, ginger, floor cloves, and molasses. They simply scream “holidays!” to me and are inconceivable to cease at only one (you’ve been warned). This can be a no brainer pairing with a creamy mug of Cameron’s Crème Brûlée Latte espresso.
#four Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hacked a field mixture of tremendous well-liked (and tremendous costly!) almond flour cookies they usually style precisely the identical for an entire lot much less. These silver dollar-sized cookies are excellent for gluten free + grain free cookie lovers.
#5 Christmas Crunch
If you happen to suppose puffcorn is irresistible by itself attempting smothering it in melted white chocolate then tossing with peanuts, pretzels, M&Ms and gluten free sprinkles. INSANE! That is the gluten free Christmas deal with we make annually to go out to our neighbors and at all times make an additional batch to have available at dwelling.
#6 Chocolate-Peppermint Pet Chow
This peppermint spin on pet chow is legit one of the best factor since sliced (gluten free) bread. My youngsters beg for me to make this annually beginning in early November. A bowl of this with a mug of Cameron’s White Chocolate Peppermint espresso is an ELITE afternoon choose me up!
#7 Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Meet your new, go-to Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These cookies are made with a handful of on a regular basis elements, and are crisp on the within and dense and chewy within the facilities. CCC perfection, if I do say so myself!
#eight Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
If chocolate + peanut butter in bar type is extra your type, you’ll be able to’t go fallacious with these dense and chewy treats which are made in simply 1 bowl, and get higher and higher as they sit.
#9 Darkish Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This festive deal with makes for a terrific present as a result of it’s easy to make, and solely requires three elements. Pair with a bag of Cameron’s White Chocolate Peppermint espresso grounds or Ecopods for tremendous considerate vacation present!
#10 Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m a sucker for oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Make it gluten free and with brown butter, and I’m hooked! These simple but particular gluten free cookies are a will need to have to your vacation cookie tray.
Pin for Later!
Photographs by Ashley McLaughlin