I didn’t fall in love with all issues gingerbread till a number of years in the past once I made these INCREDIBLE ginger molasses cookies with a chewy, spicy center and crispy sugar coated edges. After my first chunk, I knew that I’d be a gingerbread lover for all times.
To not point out these fabulous little gingersnap cookies from Dealer Joe’s… have you ever had them? Harmful is what they’re.
Talking of my love for gingerbread, immediately I’m resharing a straightforward gluten free gingerbread cake recipe that you could’t assist however fall in love with! Not solely is it made in a single bowl, however it’s additionally gluten free and excellent for Christmas morning brunch or anytime you’re feeling a vacation snack or dessert.
This gingerbread cake recipe is SO MOIST (I do know we hate that phrase) however it’s actually pleasant and nearly a cross between a cake and a bar. My husband, who actually doesn’t even like gingerbread treats, LOVED this cake, and earlier than I knew it had even eaten half of the pan. That’s how you understand it’s REAL GOOD.
Elements in gluten free gingerbread cake
This straightforward gingerbread cake is made with easy substances you most likely have already got in your pantry or fridge. Whoo hoo!
- Coconut oil: you’ll want melted coconut oil to provide the cake moisture.
- Sweetener: we’re sweetening this gingerbread cake with pure maple syrup and blackstrap molasses for true gingerbread taste.
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg on this recipe to assist the cake bake up correctly.
- Milk: slightly milk (I like to make use of unsweetened almond milk) provides further moisture.
- Flour: to maintain the cake gluten free we’re utilizing a mixture of effective blanched almond flour and oat flour.
- Spices: the great mixture of floor ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and slightly salt are important to the gingerbread taste as effectively!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want baking powder (not baking soda) and vanilla extract. Learn to make your personal vanilla extract right here!
- For the frosting: high this beautiful gingerbread cake with a easy cream cheese frosting constituted of butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Make this gluten free gingerbread cake your personal
What I really like about this straightforward gingerbread cake is that you could actually make it your personal based mostly in your preferences! Listed here are some choices:
- High with a cream cheese frosting. That is how I usually serve it. Typically I even add the zest of 1 lemon + 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the frosting for a lemon cream cheese frosting. You would additionally do an orange cream cheese frosting with the identical quantities!
- Add chocolate chips. Skip the frosting and fold in half cup chocolate chips of option to the batter! You would do semi-sweet, darkish chocolate, white chocolate and even dairy free chocolate chips. YUM.
- Serve with powdered sugar + berries. High with a dusting of powdered sugar and berries to maintain it dairy free.
Can I make it dairy free or vegan?
Be happy to make use of dairy free butter and dairy free cream cheese to maintain the complete cake dairy free. Alternatively, you should use one of many dairy free toppings above!
I haven’t examined this cake utilizing a flax egg rather than the common egg, however I believe it ought to work effectively!
How one can make your personal oat flour
As a substitute of shopping for oat flour, you possibly can simply make your personal gluten free oat flour by merely putting licensed gluten free oats right into a blender and mixing/pulsing till they’re clean and resemble flour. That is most likely the most affordable choice, too! Try my tutorial with all of my finest suggestions & methods.
Personally, I LOVE utilizing a mixture of each oat flour and almond flour for a chewy, moist crumb on this cake.
Can I exploit all objective flour?
Sadly, I can’t advocate utilizing all objective flour on this recipe as I don’t suppose the cake texture will prove the identical. You’ll want the gluten-free flour mix of almond flour and oat flour!
Ideas for making the right wholesome gingerbread cake
- Use room temp substances. Make sure that your egg is at room temperature and your coconut oil is cooled earlier than you combine the moist substances collectively in any other case the chilly eggs will coagulate with the new coconut oil. Merely run your egg below heat water for a couple of minutes to carry it to room temp. This goes for the cream cheese and butter within the frosting, too, so to simply beat it collectively! Don’t microwave the butter or cream cheese or it can damage the frosting. Merely set out the substances earlier than you start baking your cake and by the point it’s executed baking and cooling, they’ll be able to go!
- Pack your almond flour. That’s proper, you’ll need to pack the almond flour identical to you’d with brown sugar, No must pack the oat flour.
- Cool the cake. Earlier than including that fluffy cream cheese frosting, make certain that your cake is totally cooled in any other case the frosting will soften on high.
How one can retailer & freeze gluten free gingerbread cake
- To retailer: I like to recommend storing the cake coated within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To freeze: be happy to freeze this cake both frosted or unfrosted for as much as 2 months. I like to recommend freezing it unfrosted in particular person layers for finest outcomes. First, wrap every particular person layer in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, after which place the desserts in a zip-top freezer bag or hermetic container. If you’re able to serve it, merely thaw it within the fridge in a single day after which let the cake come to room temperature earlier than serving.
Extra gingerbread recipes you’ll love
I hope you like this straightforward gluten free gingerbread cake! For those who make it, please depart a remark under and price the recipe letting me know the way you favored it. I recognize it! xo.
One Bowl Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake
Scrumptious, straightforward gingerbread cake made proper in a single bowl! This gluten free gingerbread snacking cake is made with a mixture of oat and almond flour, heat spices and is sweetened with pure maple syrup and blackstrap molasses.
- Moist substances
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and funky sufficient to the touch (or sub melted butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg, at room temperature (crucial)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of alternative)
- Dry substances
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup packed effective blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons floor ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the frosting:
- ¼ cup butter or vegan butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese or vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray to forestall sticking.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the next substances till clean: coconut oil (ensuring it’s melted however cooled sufficient to the touch), pure maple syrup, molasses, egg, vanilla extract and almond milk.
Subsequent add the dry substances to the bowl: oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, floor ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Combine collectively till batter is clean and effectively mixed.
Pour batter into ready pan and clean high with a spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till tester comes out clear. Permit cake to fully cool.
For the frosting: add butter and cream cheese to the bowl of an electrical mixer; beat on excessive till clean and creamy, about 1 minute. Subsequent add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat on medium pace till effectively mixed. For those who like a creamier frosting, be happy so as to add a tablespoon of milk and blend once more.
Frost cake with an offset spatula, then sprinkle with slightly cinnamon to make fairly. Lower into 12 slices and serve.
See the complete submit for suggestions, methods, and methods to customise this cake!
Serving: 1slice with out frostingEnergy: 178calCarbohydrates: 19.1gProtein: 3.6gFats: 10.4gSaturated Fats: 4.4gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 8.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on December 19th, 2019, and republished on December seventh, 2023.